My friend found out from a pharmacist that “Common table salt, or sodium chloride, is recognized as a toxin by the body – a cellular poison – and the body wants to get rid of it as fast as possible. This places an unnecessary strain on the body’s elimination organs. Sodium chloride also dehydrates the body, causing cell death. Sodium chloride also causes cellulite and what cannot be excreted gets converted into uric acid and deposited throughout the body, leading to arthritis, gout and kidney and gallstones.
So be sure to choose Himalayan rock salt or a good quality sea salt (the more grey this looks the better, as this denotes a natural drying process and lack of refining).”
This article furthers that point by discussing the health benefits of Himalayan salt lamps
Does anyone already use this?