Health dangers associated with wire BBQ brushes

I’m sure many of you are barbecuing on this hot and sunny holiday weekend, but beware of those wire brushes you use for cleaning as they pose a health risk!

From the article:
“Wire bristles from grill brushes can snap off, land on the grate and find their way into grilled meats, public health experts warn. If ingested, these bristles can tear up a person’s throat and digestive tract, causing potentially life-threatening injuries.”

What to do:
“Toss the wire brush in favor of a safer option. Grill-cleaning stones and bricks, bristle-free brushes made of metal coil, grill brushes with nylon bristles and aluminum foil are all safe alternatives then wiped down with a cloth and carefully inspected before food is cooked.”

Happy Memorial Day Weekend! πŸŒžπŸŒ­πŸ”πŸŒ½

Pin on PinterestShare on FacebookEmail this to someonePrint this pageTweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on Google+Share on TumblrShare my page with friends πŸ™‚

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *